Value Based Sales
& Negotiation Strategy
- Are your prices under pressure from customers and competitors?
- Do you have a superior product or service vs. competitors?
- Has traditional sales and negotiation training not delivered the expected results?
You may have observed the following in your company:
- Undefined value drivers and a commodity mindset
- Excessive discounting to win or retain business
- Evidence of “cost plus” or “commodity mindsets” inherent in both sales teams and customers
- Increased discounting in response to perceived pricing pressure from competitors and/or customers
- Complex and challenging negotiations with procurement
- Inability to implement targeted price increases
What is a Value-Based Sales & Negotiation Strategy Workshop?
A Value-Based Sales & Negotiation Strategy Workshop is a fast, cost-effective way to bring teams together to create a shared understanding of value.
A workshop will enable teams to develop new marketing, pricing, sales, and negotiation approaches and reduce the margin risks of cost-plus pricing, commodity mindsets, or discounting to win or retain business.
The workshop program can run as a half-day, one-day or comprehensive two-day program.
How it works: A 4-step approach
Having run hundreds of workshops worldwide with over 4,500 executives, we have found the following 4-steps to be the most effective approach to drive participant engagement and workshop outcomes.
- Pre-planning: scoping of workshop objectives and required outcomes with the management team
- Prework: participants read and complete exercises in the Value-Based Sales & Negotiation Strategy Workbook
- Workshop: summary workshop report will be provided. Quick-win recommendations can be provided as an additional service
- Post-workshop: Coaching and advice to support the implementation of initiatives can be provided as an additional service
Onsite or Offsite/Venue Choices:
Workshops are usually run onsite at your premises or a nominated offsite location.
Benefits of running a Value-Based Sales & Negotiation Strategy Workshop
- Increase your sales and negotiation power by learning new techniques to define, communicate and capture more value
- Gain alignment and focus on the right pricing strategy and tactics to reduce margin erosion risks
- Create a culture of commitment and ownership to implement new value-based sales and marketing initiatives
- Develop a series of quick wins and long-term strategic objectives to drive margin expansion
- Build strategic partnerships with customers to maximise share of wallet, margins and retention
- Generate more profitable revenue growth at higher margins